ILAN - Institute of Loss Adjusters of Nigeria
Mr. Reginald Egbuniwe
ILAN House, 2 Fagbile Street, Off Ojuelegba Road, Opp. Afribank Nig. Plc., Ojuelegba, Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone/Fax: 00 234 1 8152213
Membership comprises Fellow, Associate and Licentiate of the Institute of Loss Adjusters of Nigeria.
The objectives of the Institute is to establish and sustain a professional body of practicing Loss Adjusters in Nigeria; to engage in activities that will ensure the general welfare and public well being of Insurance Loss Adjusters and to take necessary actions for the advancement of education in the field of loss adjusting in Nigeria. The objectives shall be pursued:
- By establishing and maintaining institutions, libraries, schools, and recreation centres for the succour, assistance or education of its members, and the public in Nigeria in Loss Adjusting.
- By applying the Funds of the Institute in the purchase of proprietary or other interests and the establishment of projects the proceeds of which shall be appropriated wholly and entirely for charitable purposes and public well being of Loss Adjusters in Nigeria.
Associateship Examination is in line with C.I.L.A. exams in London but candidates must have first degree or professional qualification in Insurance before sitting the Institute's A.I.L.A. examinations.
Promoting professionalism in loss adjusting.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Stringent and strictly adhered to. These are:
- A Loss Adjuster shall not accept nor give secret commission in connection with his profession as an adjuster.
- A Loss Adjuster shall not accept any part of the profits or the professional work of a Solicitor or any commission or bonus thereon, nor shall he be actively engaged in any firm of Insurance broking, Insurance Agency or Underwriting.
- A Loss Adjuster shall not directly or indirectly accept from an Auctioneer, Broker or Agent, any part or proportion of any remuneration commission or bonus on the charges payable to such Auctioneer, Broker or Agent.
- A Loss Adjuster shall not participate in any benefit from the sale of salvage, the loss on which he will adjust or has adjusted.
- A Loss Adjuster who has been instructed by one Insurer and ascertains that any other Insurers also cover other interests in the same loss, shall not make contact with the other Insurers with a view to seeking their instructions to act in connection with the loss.