CILA - The Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters
Luke Exford, Sedgwick
- Individual membership.
- Ordinary members – persons engaged as independent loss adjusters in a loss adjusting practice, firm or company.
- Associate – passed the examinations, more than 25 years old and with 5 years experience as an independent loss adjuster (3 years if otherwise qualified).
- Fellow – an Associate who has been engaged as an independent loss adjuster for a continuous period of 5 years out of the last 6 at the time of application, plus CPD requirement
CODE OF CONDUCT
Available from Secretariat.
Associateship (ACILA). Requires prior qualification. Passes in 3 technical papers and ACS (Accreditation for Chartered Status).
Defined by Royal Charter:
- To advance the study of the profession of loss adjuster.
- To ensure observance of strict rules of professional conduct.
- To establish high standards of education.
- To publish books, etc. (and others).